Special Educational Needs Assessment
In the Queens’ Federation, the governors and staff aim to ensure that children with special educational needs and disabilities are identified as early as possible, that their needs are assessed, and that they are provided with appropriate additional support as far as funding allows. We intend that the needs and progress of these children be monitored, recorded and evaluated to ensure that they have access to the full Early Years Foundation Stage and National Curriculum (unless some modification is deemed appropriate). We also aim to involve the child and their parent(s) as fully as possible in discussing the child’s needs and agreeing appropriate action.
To view our policies page where our SEND policy can be found please click here.
- What kinds of special educational needs provision is made available at the Queens’ Federation?
- How do we identify and assess pupils with special educational needs at the Queens’ Federation?
- What provision is available for pupils with Special Educational Needs?
- Who is responsible for Inclusion at the Queens’ Federation?
- How will equipment and facilities to support pupils with SEND be secured.
- What are the arrangements for consulting and involving parents of pupils with SEND?
- What arrangements have been made by the governing body in relation to the treatment of complaints from parents of pupils with SEND concerning provision made at the school?
- Which support services are available for the parents of pupils with SEND
- What are the school’s arrangements for supporting pupils with SEND in a transfer between settings and schools?
- Where is the local authority’s local offer published?
Please click on the pdf document below to download or see answers to the above FAQs…