Equality and Diversity
Equality and Diversity at Queens’ Federation
At Queens’ Federation, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers, governors and volunteers irrespective of age, disability, gender, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation (the 9 protected characteristics). We are also committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for varying socio-economic backgrounds. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and ability to participate fully in school life.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating a safe, caring and positive environment for all.
We believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.
For more information, please see our Equality and Diversity Policy on our Federation Policies page.
Our objectives are summarised below. These are taken from our School Development Plan together with our PSHCE scheme.
- To review our behaviour approaches to ensure that there is a shared approach that is adopted and put into practice by all;
- To encourage all school stakeholders to be part of leadership at all levels within our schools, by further developing ‘Leader in Me’;
- Through the taught and the wider curriculum, provide opportunities to value the contribution of those who may represent the 9 protected characteristics;
- To continue to equip the school buildings to promote accessibility;
- To narrow the gap in progress between differing socio-economic groups;
- To address areas of under-representation within the school workforce and on the Governing Body.