Dear Parents, Carers and Visitors,
Thank you for visiting the Queens' Federation website. Please do click on the links to take a look at the websites of our two partner schools, Queen Edith and Queen Emma, to find out more about our values, aims, and curriculum. If you are considering a school for your child we do hope that, having read about us, you will make an appointment to see the schools, meet our staff and see our children at work and play.
Queen Edith is a large thriving primary school and nursery situated in the South of the City. We have a diverse catchment area and have many families from abroad. At the last count 28 languages were spoken in school.
Queen Edith is in a hard federation with Queen Emma, which is 5 minutes walk from Queen Edith. It is led by one headteacher and one governing body with representation from both schools. We believe the following range of advantages make The Queens’ Federation a great benefit for both schools.
- Highly experienced governors and senior staff work closely together to lead both schools, bringing knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning, the successful management of a large organisation and a passion for working with families living in our community.
- Expertise can be shared across both sites to enable the schools to develop a creative and stimulating curriculum based on our extensive curriculum knowledge.
- The budget goes further because of the economy of scale so we can share staff such as our school business manager and community administrator and can use the savings to help provide even better resources for children at the school.
- Extra curricular opportunities and activities can be shared by children at both schools.
- As a Federation, we have been delighted to establish a range of partnership with the Faculty of Education, local secondary schools, our well-being partners and faith partners who have all agreed to help to contribute to the development of our vibrant school community.
I look forward to meeting you in the near future and hope that, if your child is to join us, they will have a long and very happy association with the school. We are committed to working in partnership with our parents and our desire is that you feel fully involved in your child’s education and the life of the school.